Whangara Farms vision statement
“An outstanding business delivering ongoing sustainable returns.”
In achieving the vision, Whangara Farms and its Partners will achieve the following goals:
1. Uphold the legacy for future generations, including cultural sensitivities
2. Enable the entity to be in a position to take on more opportunities
3. Ensure what we have today improves and continues to provide for our people
Values represent the code we want our business to operate under. The Values have been developed during a joint planning day with Whangara Farms governors, management and staff. Our values are: leadership, commitment, integrity, respect, and ongoing achievement in the NZ Agri-business sector.
Whangara Farms business goals
Long Term Goals (2 to 5 years)
• Highly motivated, skilled and committed people
• Sustainable farming systems/ resource management
• Maintain sustainable dividends to shareholders
• 145% lambing in ewes, 100% in ewe hoggets
• 92% calving in cows, 85% in heifers
• Producing sought-after products - genetically superior and quality assured
• Integrated breeding and finishing farm
• Innovative market orientated agribusiness
• Outstanding financial returns – Top 5% Economic Farm Surplus $700/ha
• Understanding and limiting the key constraints on our business
• Efficient business with a reduced environmental footprint
• Possible expansion of the Partnership
To keep the business at the forefront of industry developments, Whangara Farms has an annual research and development budget. The intent of this budget is to utilise it in such research areas as: livestock performance, forage development, plant and machinery and market opportunities. Currently we wait for other entities to develop new ideas (reactive) and we wish to be partner in teams to produce new ideas for our industry (proactive). In doing this we will form relationships with researchers which will assist us in achieving our future goals.
“In essence we want to bring more science to our decision making and therefore to our business”.